Header Tabs

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ANZAC

I don't really have a lot to say.

This year ANZAC Day has stirred an unknown emotion within me, something that I did not think I could truly grasp until I was ready. That time is now. I am a mother, I am a wife, I am a daughter and a granddaughter. It has made me realise and understand a lot about my family, and be grateful for even more.

I can feel it deep within my heart and soul. 

great great uncle jimmy - killed age 24 world war 2
my pop, cris. passed away september 2011
great great uncle rod. killed in korea 1950
my beautiful bunga (still just as gorgeous) served as a wireless operator in the navy
bunga in the centre
just after she met my bumpa in the navy
my great great grandfather served in world war 1 - lighthorseman
my dear grandpa - bumpa - died 1985
my amazing husband receiving his OAM

 Thank you all. I love you.

x









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Amelia. I love looking through old photos and these are lovely. Thank you for sharing them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pics amelia. how handsome are old photos like that. i love all the ones we have in the family.
    anzac day holds a special place in my heart too.
    thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amelia, a beautifully moving post. I have not known anybody with such a long line of history within the armed forces. such respect x (ps, your posts seem to have disappeared from my feed so I had missed all these!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I am touched by every single one of them :)