Gosh this is a tough one this month. There is so much music around that is genuinely awesome at the moment. Every time I turn on Triple J, there is usually something makes me stop and really listen.
Here is my current playlist on the iPod.
1. Intro (ft Zola Jesus) - M83
2. Sucker Love - Magic Dirt
3. Peace Signs - Sharon Van Etten
4. How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep - Bombay Bicycle Club
5. Can't Get Better Than This - Parachute Youth
6. Car Song (ft Santigold) - Spank Rock
7. Lights Out, Words Gone - Bombay Bicycle Club
8. Reunion - M83
9. Devil's Work - Miike Snow
10. Pharoahs - SBTRKT
11. What Did I do? - Kele
12. Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
13. Wildfire - SBTRKT
14. Serpents - Sharon Van Etten
15. Dirty Jeans - Magic Dirt
16. Catastrophe - Julia Stone
17. I'm His Girl - Friends
18. Hold On - SBTRKT
A couple of albums that are on high rotation at our place this month.
Tramp - Sharon Van Etten
Hurry Up, We're Dreaming - M83
A Different Kind of Fix - Bombay Bicycle Club
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Portamento - The Drums
The Essential - Elvis Presley
Mixed Blood - Gotye
Hurstville - Jack Ladder and The Dreamlanders
Watch The Throne - Jay Z and Kanye West
Lennon Legend - John Legend
Kisses On The Bottom - Paul McCartney
To The Horses - Lanie Lane
In Rainbows - Radiohead
1's - The Beatles
The Age of Adz - Sufjan Stevens
Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones
Goo - Sonic Youth
My picks of the month:
|Tramp by Sharon Van Etten|
|SBTRKT by SBTRKT|
|A Different Kind Of Fix by Bombay Bicycle Club|
I have found myself reading a lot more lately. Can't explain that one, as I feel that I do not even have time to brush my hair, let alone read. My favourite thing to do at night is hunt through the iBooks store or Kindle store and get samples of the books that I would like to read. Then after sampling the first chapter I can decide if it is the book for me. I love this option and I have honestly found a new dimension of love for my iPad.
Here is a list of the current books I have on the go.
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
Then Again by Diane Keaton
How I Got My Wiggle Back by Anthony Field
The Story Of English In 100 Words by David Crystal
The Double Life of Herman Rockefeller by Hilary Bonney
Not Drowning, Reading by Andrew Ralph
My pick of the month:
“…there are those you love no matter how much they hurt you, no matter how many years have passed since you felt them in the morning. I did not know how long it would take to get over such a love…”
John Kennedy Jr was my very first crush. And what a crush he was. This book was written by his long term girlfriend Christina Haag. They were together for five years before he met Daryl Hannah. I was expecting a bit of a dirty tell all, something trashy that I could get through in a day or two. However, I was so totally surprised to find an amazingly beautiful love story. This book is filled with beautiful honesty and wonderful reflections of a lost love. SWOOOON.
Yellow and orange. I cannot get enough of these gorgeous autumnal colours. I am drawn to them wherever I go. Above is my $14 Ikea step stool I painted yellow, my favourite teapot from T2 and my favourite cup and bowl from Country Road.
I get dehydrated pretty gosh darn easy, so I always have water with me. Some other delicious drinks that I have a new found love for are; my morning macchiato, banana smoothies with yoghurt and soy milk, fruit whips (blend apple juice, orange juice, pineapple juice with a banana), cider, champagne, mineral water.
Loving my fruit at the moment; bananas, grapes, peaches, berries, necterines. Also loving my salads; rocket, avocado, mushroom, capsicum, sprouts. I have found that I am doing a lot more baking. Whether that is because I am over tired and my body is craving a sugar hit or that the baking helps distract Will from his crankiness, we certainly seem to be eating more cakes and sweet treats around these parts.
Current Tv Shows
When I actually get the time to sit down and catch up on all of my IQ's shows I am loving: Kings Cross ER, Enlightened, Home and Away (of course), Selling Houses Australia, Black Books, Q&A, and Peppa Pig (wtf?)
Current Non Mummy Activities
- Drinking delicious beers with my husband at The Wheaty with my husband on a Saturday night.
- Going to Laneway with my bestie
- Afternoon tea and tarts with my favourite tarts
- Going for a walk, by myself
- Driving with my windows down and the music UP
- Birthday dinners at Melt
- Tuesday night pub nights with the gang
Current Wish List
- Weekend Womad pass for the family
- Kitchen Aid Mixer. The old Sunbeam is on the blink
- To get my little business idea off the ground
- Some new Country Road linen
- Making plans for my own future, my own goals. Actually having an interest in myself as an individual.
- Being a little more positive and combating my massive anxiety issues that have plagued me forever an always.
- Appreciating my children more and taking the time to really look at them and love them with all of my might, something that I have not always focussed on.
- Not spending as much money on pointless things, actually budgeting and sticking to it.
- Being nice to my husband, poor love.
Gosh I just love this little boy so darn much. He is crazy beautiful and I adore every millisecond that he is awake. I love to hold him and drink in his little boy scent; sweet smelling with a hint of dirt. Since he has been in his big boy bed he is more patient and loving than ever before. We love to read together, he loves to cuddle and often gives reassuring rubs on the back just to let me know that I am doing ok. He is louder and more confident than ever before, the boy is not afraid of anything.
Well this little darling has been cranking out the teeth this past month. She is totally miserable but totally gorgeous, I cannot believe she is 10 months old. Even when she wakes up at 2am I cannot help but look into her gorgeous eyes and count my blessings. I am totally in love with this beautiful gal. She has been here before, I just know it. Her current loves are bangers and mash, banana, avocado sambos, pizza crusts, yoghurt, porridge and peaches.