Header Tabs

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Currently - The August Edition

I am following along with Sam over at Good Mum Hunting.


Current Book


  •  It Takes Two To Talk by Ayala Manolson. My two and a half year old son, Will, is still not talking. This book does a wonderful job at educating parents how to encourage their children to communicate. 


Current Music
ALBUMS:
  • Making Mirrors - Gotye
  • Moonfire - Boy and Bear
  • Bliss Release - Cloud Control
  • Sargent Pepper - The Beatles
  • Jukebox - Cat Power
  • Torches - Foster The People
PLAYLIST:
  • I Need A Doller - Aloe Blacc
  • Cold Feet - Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders
  • Future Starts Slow - The Kills
  • Hanging On - Active Child
  • Hawaiian Air - Friendly Fires
  • Raiders - Owl Eyes
  • Oh My God - Cults
  • What The Water Gave Me - Florence & The Machine
  • Undertow - Warpaint
Current Shame:
  • The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. This show has got me completely hooked. We only recently subscribed to Foxtel and have only just discovered this show. Of course I had heard a lot about it in the media and online. I think it is fantastic!
  • Eating the milk chocolate chips out of the packet. We have no chocolate in the house and I found a bag in the back of the cupboard. (Yes this had clearly happened on more than one occasion!)
Current Colour:

  • Sky Blue. 
Spring is springing here in Adelaide. The sky is clear and the sun is shining.




Current Drinks:
  • San Pellegrino (with a slice of lemon and/or a hint of mint)
  • Earl Grey (my standard morning/evening hot beverage of choice)
  • Soy Chai Latte (made by Gabby at OMC)
Moi + Gabby
Current Food:
  • Eggs on toast. We have just splashed out and bought a set of Scanpan saucepans and frypans. Up until this point in time, I could not fry an egg the way I like it to be fried. So I am pretty much making eggs on toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Cupcakes. I have an obsession to make the perfect cupcake. I am making at least one batch per week. Not so great when I have to fit into a wedding dress in 8  weeks!!
  • Apricot Jam on toast with loads of butter!
Current Favourite Shows:
(Other than The Real Housewives of B.H.)
  • Pregnant In Heels - just glorious to see how outrageous some mothers to be actually are!
  • Grand Designs - an old favourite, like a warm blanket on a cold winter's eve. 
  • Frasier- once again rediscovering old dvd's
  • Love My Way - discovered this show years ago. It is so beautifully written and acted. A fine Australian drama!
Love My Way

Current Wish List
  • Kitchen chairs that don't wobble. 
These will do nicely
Current Needs:
  • A date night - dinner, drinks and a gig
  • Sleeeeeep
  • A trip to a day spa to get the works!
Current Triumphs:
  • Getting Liv, our four and a half month old daughter to sleep ... ALL NIGHT (between 10pm and 6am)! WOOO!
  • Blogging Again
Current Bane Of My Existence:
  • Stressing about insignificant wedding details
  • Dishes

Current Indulgence: 
  • Extra hot, extra deep baths with a splash or two of Jurlique Lavender oil
  • iPad
Current Number 1 Blessing:
  • I can honestly say that I have way too many blessings to count. But right at this point in time, I would have to say Keith, husbuendo to be. He puts up with so much, my crazy ideas, my moods, my complaints, my frustrations, my slack housewifelyness, just to name a few. He is, and forever will be, my number 1 blessing.
Current Outfit:
  • Peter Alexander pj pants
  • Country Road sloppy joe
Current Excitement:
  • Dinner at The Stirl tomorrow night with my favourite gals.
Current Mood:
  • Sleepy/content
Current Links:
  • Triple J - checking out the Gig guide for a potential date night in the not too distant future
Current App:
  • Woolworths iPhone app. Loving this at the moment, just brillo

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! Nice to "meet" you!
    I love alot of your loves!
    FRASIER lol! We watch it every night...and we were only just saying, remember when it was just that old peoples show? Now I think those two pompous men are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love doing a "currently" post. I can always look back on it and reflect on what was going on in my life.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I am touched by every single one of them :)